Fortunately, treatments are available to alleviate symptoms and restore moisture, balance and smoothness to your skin. Although diet and topical methods may work well for some people, others require professional eczema treatment for best results. If you are looking for a quality eczema specialist in Melbourne, our experts at ODE Dermatology will provide the best treatment for your skin type and condition. Book an appointment to learn more about how you can benefit from eczema treatment.
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition that causes dry skin, itchiness, and irritated red areas. People with eczema often have patches of thickened skin and scaly areas on the back of the knees as well as the front of the elbows. This reaction is triggered by the immune system, leading to the dry, itchy, and irritated skin that we recognise as eczema. There are many symptoms, such as:
- Lack of moisture in the skin which leads to cracking and flaking
- Small bumps in the skin that leak fluid
- Blisters that hurt or itch
- Skin infections after scratching
- Rashes in the creases of knees and elbows
- Itchiness, which can feel worse at night
- Changes in skin colour where the rashes appear
- Scaly spots on the skin
- Thicker, leathery skin over time
Symptoms can be slightly different between patients depending on the extent of the condition as well as how you treat your skin. Your skin may feel sore and itchy. Scratching tends to make symptoms worse, as it irritates and inflames the skin. An eczema specialist such as Dr Theesan will be able to diagnose the condition and advise you of the best eczema treatment in order to produce the best results for you.